Note: This post is based on personal experience and opinion
ZeniMax Online Studios is working on this huge project called: The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). And many aspects of the game have changed since the first launch in 2014. The Champion Points system is in place and much new content has been added ever since. With that, the game is becoming more and more complex for both the players and developer. In this blogpost we discuss the current meta in this special arena: the Player versus Player (PvP) arena.
Please not that this fix is old and may not work for you at all, but it may be worth a shot.
Sometimes during the download/installation of The Elder Scrolls Online files to your computer, the launcher shows the window below. Often this error occurs with the first installation of the game. Repairing seems not to be working and a total reinstal of the game does often not result into success. This guide will show you which steps you should take to fix the Error 210.
Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail
"Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update. If this problem persists for more than an hour, please run the Game Consultant Tool (located under Launcher Settings -> About) and contact customer support."
BEFORE TAKING A NEXT STEP ALWAYS CLOSE THE LAUNCHER
Step 1: Run as admin
The first step is to run the Launcher as Administrator.
- Right click the ESO Launcher icon on your desktop.
- Click "Properties"
- Go to the tab "Compatibility"
- Tick the box next to "Run this program as Administrator"
- Close the window
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 2
Step 2: Firewall exception
The second step is to make sure the Launcher has been added to the exceptions of your Firewall.
Often the Firewall is managed through the Virusprotection you use. For example Norton or Kaspersky.
How to add an exception to the Windows Firewall, click the link below:
- Follow the steps of adding an exception to the Windows Firewall
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 3
Step 3: depot.Version
The third step is the most important one. If you have tried anything you found on the Internet and Zenimax Online Forums, this will probably solve the issue.
- Locate the game folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU)
- In this folder you should have a folder named: "depot", open this folder
- Inside the depot folder you will find a few folders "_databuild" and "Video" and a few files as shown in the image below.
- Make a copy of the file named: "depot.version"
- Copy this file to a save location (e.g. your desktop)
- Now navigate back to the depot window and delete "depot.version"
- Now restart your Launcher and the game should automatically start repairing or continue with downloading or installing the game.
- If it does not start automatically, try manually initiating repair by navigating inside the Launcher to "Game Options" -> "Repair" or "Check For Updates"
Note: If the error occurs again, close the Launcher and restart it.
Please let us know if this solved the Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail by leaving a comment below. Also if this didn't work for you, please also let us know, so we can search for another solution.
Recently Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) released the patch notes (v2.4.0) for the Dark Brotherhood Patch. The DLC and patch will add many changes and new content to the game.
Elder Scrolls Online has been a project in progress ever since its launch. The fourth big DLC is the Dark Brotherhood DLC. Its predicessors were Orsinium, Imperial City and the Thieves Guild. Each were received with joy and sometimes with a little bit of pain due to changes. In the latest patch, ZOS focussed on Magicka. In this patch they said to give the Stamina builds a large change.
Unlike the previous patch, we decided to not show the changes in the blog. To see what will change for you in the Dark Brotherhood Patch, we would like to direct you to our special page: Dark Brotherhood Patch.
On this page you can find a summary and the most significant (game changing) changes to come in the Dark Brotherhood Patch.
In short the DLC will bring you a lot of new content:
- A new zone: the Gold Coast, Cyrodiil. Known from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Visit cities like Kvatch and Anvil.
- New daily quests.
- Two new Delves (Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea).
- Two new boss-encounters (The Kvatch Arena and Limenauruus the minotaur at Tribune's Folly).
- New gear.
- New rewards.
- The Assassins League crafting style.
In short the patch will bring:
- Veteran ranks removed.
- Changes to skills.
- Ongoing Cyrodiil improvements
- Toggle-able Nameplates
- And more...
dd/mm/yyyy - UTC +1
Delivering Elder Scrolls Online support, tutorials, guides and builds since 2015