Please not that this fix is old and may not work for you at all, but it may be worth a shot.
Sometimes during the download/installation of The Elder Scrolls Online files to your computer, the launcher shows the window below. Often this error occurs with the first installation of the game. Repairing seems not to be working and a total reinstal of the game does often not result into success. This guide will show you which steps you should take to fix the Error 210.
Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail
"Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update. If this problem persists for more than an hour, please run the Game Consultant Tool (located under Launcher Settings -> About) and contact customer support."
BEFORE TAKING A NEXT STEP ALWAYS CLOSE THE LAUNCHER
Step 1: Run as admin
The first step is to run the Launcher as Administrator.
- Right click the ESO Launcher icon on your desktop.
- Click "Properties"
- Go to the tab "Compatibility"
- Tick the box next to "Run this program as Administrator"
- Close the window
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 2
Step 2: Firewall exception
The second step is to make sure the Launcher has been added to the exceptions of your Firewall.
Often the Firewall is managed through the Virusprotection you use. For example Norton or Kaspersky.
How to add an exception to the Windows Firewall, click the link below:
- Follow the steps of adding an exception to the Windows Firewall
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 3
Step 3: depot.Version
The third step is the most important one. If you have tried anything you found on the Internet and Zenimax Online Forums, this will probably solve the issue.
- Locate the game folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU)
- In this folder you should have a folder named: "depot", open this folder
- Inside the depot folder you will find a few folders "_databuild" and "Video" and a few files as shown in the image below.
- Make a copy of the file named: "depot.version"
- Copy this file to a save location (e.g. your desktop)
- Now navigate back to the depot window and delete "depot.version"
- Now restart your Launcher and the game should automatically start repairing or continue with downloading or installing the game.
- If it does not start automatically, try manually initiating repair by navigating inside the Launcher to "Game Options" -> "Repair" or "Check For Updates"
Note: If the error occurs again, close the Launcher and restart it.
Please let us know if this solved the Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail by leaving a comment below. Also if this didn't work for you, please also let us know, so we can search for another solution.
dd/mm/yyyy - UTC +1
Delivering Elder Scrolls Online support, tutorials, guides and builds since 2015