How to capture a keep? How to capture a fort? How to capture a castle? Each alliance in The Elder Scrolls Online (eso) has their homekeeps to hold and enemy keeps to take. No matter if you call them keeps, forts or castles, this is what pvp is mostly focussed around. So how do you capture a keep? What is the best method of taking a keep? What should I keep in mind when I try to siege a keep? In this blogpost I will try to answer those questions as best as I can.
Nothing is more satisfying than turning your enemies into piles of ash or shatter them into small frozen pieces. The destruction staff comes in three variants: lighting, frost and fire. Even though they are often used in PVP in combination with a restoration staff, two destruction staffs can create a powerful harmony. However it may still be hard to understand why certain staff combinations create such harmony in DPS. Which destruction staff should you use? How do they form synergy? What weapon skills should I use?
Either by massive bleeding, blunt force or sliced into pieces. The two-handed weapons offer strong and reliable burst damage. But what makes the two-handed weapon excel? Is it better to run an axe, mace or sword? How to get maximum potential out of these weapons? And what morphs should I go for? Critical rush or stampede? Dizzying swing or wrecking blow?
With the Morrowind Patch of June this year, a lot of new content will be added. From Battlegrounds to 30+ hours of PVE content. Most noticable is the (re)introduction of the Warden class.
The Warden class was a class available in the Bèta of The Elder Scrolls Online. Back then the class was mostly focussed on healing. The Templar however rendered this class oblivious and the class was removed from the game.
However the Warden class is making a return into Tamriel. The class has been reworked and can be played in three different ways. The Animal Companion skills are based on fauna. Summoning multiple beasts to compete against enemies. The healer aspect of the Warden is called Green Balance. These skills are nature based and include mostly ranged heals. The last way to play the Warden is a bit different and is called Winter's Embrace. It's focus is clearly put on Frost abilities. It would be correct to state the cryomancer will finaly make an entry into the game. And is mostly about tanking and protecting allies.
We have put all the ultimate, active abilites and passive abilities of the Warden class in an overview for you. So you don't have to scroll through many pictures made by MissBizz on our Warden class dedicated page, which you can find here.
Note: This post is based on personal experience and opinion
ZeniMax Online Studios is working on this huge project called: The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). And many aspects of the game have changed since the first launch in 2014. The Champion Points system is in place and much new content has been added ever since. With that, the game is becoming more and more complex for both the players and developer. In this blogpost we discuss the current meta in this special arena: the Player versus Player (PvP) arena.
Today, the Shadows of the Hist DLC patch is live. Patch 11 it is also called and it comes with pleasant changes and fixes to the base game. Especially the races of the game see small changes and major bugs have been fixed with this patch.
Update 11 features four new dungeons and changes/fixes to already existing dungeons. Allowing for PVE players to explore new grounds and fight new bosses.
Also in the Crown store players will be able to change their appearance and/or race through the use of Tokens. The update also comes with Tokens to change your name and Premium Hairstyles, Adornments, & Markings. ESO Plus members will also be able to use custom dies.
The base game patch includes:
To see what changes to your Race and Class please check out our Update 11 dedicated page:
Please not that this fix is old and may not work for you at all, but it may be worth a shot.
Sometimes during the download/installation of The Elder Scrolls Online files to your computer, the launcher shows the window below. Often this error occurs with the first installation of the game. Repairing seems not to be working and a total reinstal of the game does often not result into success. This guide will show you which steps you should take to fix the Error 210.
Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail
"Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update. If this problem persists for more than an hour, please run the Game Consultant Tool (located under Launcher Settings -> About) and contact customer support."
BEFORE TAKING A NEXT STEP ALWAYS CLOSE THE LAUNCHER
Step 1: Run as admin
The first step is to run the Launcher as Administrator.
- Right click the ESO Launcher icon on your desktop.
- Click "Properties"
- Go to the tab "Compatibility"
- Tick the box next to "Run this program as Administrator"
- Close the window
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 2
Step 2: Firewall exception
The second step is to make sure the Launcher has been added to the exceptions of your Firewall.
Often the Firewall is managed through the Virusprotection you use. For example Norton or Kaspersky.
How to add an exception to the Windows Firewall, click the link below:
- Follow the steps of adding an exception to the Windows Firewall
- Restart the Launcher
If this didn't work for you, go to step 3
Step 3: depot.Version
The third step is the most important one. If you have tried anything you found on the Internet and Zenimax Online Forums, this will probably solve the issue.
- Locate the game folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU)
- In this folder you should have a folder named: "depot", open this folder
- Inside the depot folder you will find a few folders "_databuild" and "Video" and a few files as shown in the image below.
- Make a copy of the file named: "depot.version"
- Copy this file to a save location (e.g. your desktop)
- Now navigate back to the depot window and delete "depot.version"
- Now restart your Launcher and the game should automatically start repairing or continue with downloading or installing the game.
- If it does not start automatically, try manually initiating repair by navigating inside the Launcher to "Game Options" -> "Repair" or "Check For Updates"
Note: If the error occurs again, close the Launcher and restart it.
Please let us know if this solved the Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail by leaving a comment below. Also if this didn't work for you, please also let us know, so we can search for another solution.
Recently Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) released the patch notes (v2.4.0) for the Dark Brotherhood Patch. The DLC and patch will add many changes and new content to the game.
Elder Scrolls Online has been a project in progress ever since its launch. The fourth big DLC is the Dark Brotherhood DLC. Its predicessors were Orsinium, Imperial City and the Thieves Guild. Each were received with joy and sometimes with a little bit of pain due to changes. In the latest patch, ZOS focussed on Magicka. In this patch they said to give the Stamina builds a large change.
Unlike the previous patch, we decided to not show the changes in the blog. To see what will change for you in the Dark Brotherhood Patch, we would like to direct you to our special page: Dark Brotherhood Patch.
On this page you can find a summary and the most significant (game changing) changes to come in the Dark Brotherhood Patch.
In short the DLC will bring you a lot of new content:
- A new zone: the Gold Coast, Cyrodiil. Known from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Visit cities like Kvatch and Anvil.
- New daily quests.
- Two new Delves (Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea).
- Two new boss-encounters (The Kvatch Arena and Limenauruus the minotaur at Tribune's Folly).
- New gear.
- New rewards.
- The Assassins League crafting style.
In short the patch will bring:
- Veteran ranks removed.
- Changes to skills.
- Ongoing Cyrodiil improvements
- Toggle-able Nameplates
- And more...
Finally it is here: the long awaited Thieves Guild Patch (v2.3.5). A complete new zone, new gear and old features making a comeback!
The new zone that comes with the Thieves Guild DLC is Hew's Bane. A Hammerfell location to admire. In this zone you will find a large amount of (repeatable) missions and live a thief's life. But you do not have to go at it alone. A new trail is added featuring challenging bosses: Maw of Lorkhaj.
Most noteworthy patch notes:
- Scrolling Combat Text (SCT), similar to Foundry Tactical Combat (FTC) it will show on screen scrolling text of your damage, heals and more.
- 64-bit client, ESO will now support more than 4Gb RAM. Resulting into less memory crashes for PC.
- DirectX 11 upgrade, the implementation of DirectX 11 will allow better performance and better visuals. DirectX 9 Graphics Cards are no longer supported!
- Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden, a rare item merchant that appears at set locations on the map at set times, carrying rare items. You’ll be able to find Adhazabi in the following locations:
Western Elsweyr Gate (AD)
Northern Highrock Gate (DC)
Southern Morrowind Gate (EP)
- Forward Camps, these camps are making a comeback and will be available for purchase at the Siege Merchant.
- Siege Weapons, will do 30% more damage. DoT has been reduced to 6 seconds. Oil catapults now take away roughly 20% of enemy Stamina. Lightning Balistae now will take away roughly 10% of enemy Magicka. Ballistae will now turn faster and will have 100% accuracy. Most snaring from Siege Weapons have been normalised to 50% (was 75%).
- Alliance points for killing a player has been doubled.
Champion System improvements:
- The Champion System has been re-balanced and will be more diverse.
New Collection Category, Assistants:
- Full bagspace? No worries, your bank assistant is ready. Need to buy some items? Your merchant assistant is their for you. These assistants can be summoned like pets but not at the same time.
New Collection Category, Mementos:
- No longer will collectibles burden your character on his or her travels. All your already earned collectibles will be moved to the Collection System. Saving you a lot of bag -and bankspace.
- Recipies will appear on vendors throughout Tamriel.
- Food recipies will be sold by Chefs.
- Drink recipies will be sold by Brewers.
- Provisioning Writs do no longer award recipies.
And much more!
As of today a new Elder Scrolls Online tutorial is online. In the advanced tutorials you will be tought about dungeons, trials, pvp action and quick leveling.
In the first part: Advanced Tutorial 1: Leveling, you will be taught about how to power level and how to level skill trees efficiently.
Powerleveling is the act of increasing one's character level in extremely high speed in the least amount of time possible. In Elder Scrolls Online, powerleveling also is possible. In this tutorial you will learn how to.
While you level up, you earn an attribute point and a skill point. Spending all those points into one specific skill tree sounds like a good plan, but quite the opposite it true. You will find yourself wasting experience on a level 50 skill tree and not get the full benefit from questing and leveling. So how to tackle this issue?
You can read more about leveling in Advanced Tutorial 1: Leveling
Write for us
Got a nice guide or build to share? Contact us and be featured on our website!
Flax (a.k.a. Stormfox)
dd/mm/yyyy - UTC +1
Lucky Maniacs is a casual community for casual players with the current focus on Elder Scrolls Online.